LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage LINC Home Study Forum LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Forum > Career/Employment/Volunteering > Volunteer Opportunities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whetung Ojibwa Center

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KARRIS View Drop Down
Robyn L.
Robyn L.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whetung Ojibwa Center
    Posted: Nov/26/2018 at 7:01pm

Friday, June 22, 2018

It's Friday and the sun is warm. Today I am going as a volunteer on a school trip/field trip with the students of Charles Bowmanville Public School to Curve Lake, Whetung Ojibwa Center. This Whetung Ojibwa Center was open and accessible for the entire day. I had a group of six students. In the first part of the trip we had a rest and breakfast. Then we took wonderful photos of the group presentation of the schools in the Durham region. In a large meadow, under the wide and open tent, five Aboriginal boys from the Ojibwa Center played on their drums. Then my students took part in the dance around the tent in the great meadow. The songs of Aboriginal people were performed. Their museum was impressive with pictures and data. The museum is on the lower floor of the store. Each of us bought a souvenir to remember this interesting educational event. My son was delighted and happy because I bought him an Aboriginal flute and he instantly learned to play an interesting Aboriginal melody. For me this was a wonderful day as a volunteer.

Karolina Risteska

Share Topic