LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage LINC Home Study Forum LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Forum > Travel/Shopping/Recreation and Entertainment > Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Museums in the GTA

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dimitrios24 View Drop Down
Youth
Youth

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Museums in the GTA
    Posted: Nov/18/2009 at 11:28am
If you're the type who likes to take a step back through time and explore our nation's (or world's) history from time to time, then you need look no further than the many museums scattered around the Greater Toronto Area. Colborne Lodge See a restored 1837 regency villa located in High Park. 1 Colborne Lodge Drive Fort York National Historic Site Explore Toronto's birthplace and Canada's largest collection of original War of 1812 buildings. 100 Garrison Road Gibson House Museum Visit an 1851 family farmhouse to get a glimpse into Toronto's rural past. 5172 Yonge Street Historic Zion Schoolhouse Groups can travel back to 1910 to experience an unforgettable school day in this beautifully restored, one-room schoolhouse. 1091 Finch Avenue East Mackenzie House View the 1858 home of Toronto's famous rebel and first mayor, William Lyon Mackenzie. 82 Bond Street Montgomery's Inn Enjoy the hospitality of an 1847 country inn. 4709 Dundas Street West Scarborough Historical Museum Discover rural life from the 1850s to 1900 in Scarborough's Thomson Memorial Park. 1007 Brimley Road Spadina Museum: Historic House & Gardens Take in the beauty of one of Toronto's finest mansions and tour its restored Victorian and Edwardian gardens. 285 Spadina Road Todmorden Mills Heritage Museum & Arts Centre Observe a fascinating collection of early industrial buildings in the Don River Valley. 67 Pottery Road York Museum View a collection of artifacts representing the history of York. 2694 Eglinton Avenue West And of course, let's not forget some of the GTA's largest museums... Royal Ontario Museum With over six million items including dinosaurs, animal skins, and artifacts from the Near East, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Canada, the ROM is one of the largest museums in North America, and Canada's largest natural history and world culture museum. 100 Queen’s Park Bata Shoe Museum The Bata Shoe Museum, in downtown Toronto, collects, researches, preserves, exhibits and interprets footwear from around the world. 327 Bloor Street West
Jimmy_Jhandi View Drop Down
Youth
Youth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2009 at 10:30pm
Out of all these I only knew about the Royal Ontario Museum and the Bata Shoe Museum. Anyone else knew more than me before reading this?
Sarah View Drop Down
Youth
Youth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2009 at 7:28pm
I usually hear about these museums, other than the ROM and the Bata Shoe Museum, when Toronto hosts Doors Open Toronto every May.
Dimitrios24 View Drop Down
Youth
Youth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 12:50pm
I've heard of a handful of those small museums before. I almost applied to work at the Spadina Museum once, but it was too far from where I lived at the time. :p That Doors Open thing seems like a cool idea, but I've never had the opportunity to check it out myself.
  Share Topic