LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage LINC Home Study Forum LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Forum > Travel/Shopping/Recreation and Entertainment > Shopping
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stroller shopping: Tougher than buying a car

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JunTak View Drop Down
Teachers
Teachers

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stroller shopping: Tougher than buying a car
    Posted: Jun/15/2011 at 9:52pm
Stroller shopping: Tougher than buying a car
June 14, 2011                                                               

By Jennifer Stewart

My husband and I went stroller shopping this week and what we thought would be simple stopped us dead. Strollers of every size and configuration lined the walls and seemed to go on forever.

There were jogging strollers, travel systems, convertible strollers, and double strollers. They were anywhere between $75 and $1,500 and comparing what you get isn't exactly easy. As my husband said in a deadpan voice: "This might be as difficult as buying a new car."

I turned to Christine Pilkington, Publisher, VancouverMom.ca. an online magazine for moms.
"It is a lot more difficult today to buy a stroller than 15 or even 10 years ago," she said.

VancouverMom has a comprehensive and user-friendly stroller guide which has clips of moms test driving different brands and offering opinions on their functionality. But even with a guide like this there are a few things to consider.

1. How will the stroller be used?
With her first child, Pilkington splurged and bought a high-end Bugaboo stroller. She and her husband traveled between Toronto and Vancouver and realized it wasn't the easiest to take apart in an airport. It also took up a lot of space in their car.
"You need to think about how you're going to live and how you're using the stroller," said Pilkington. "It's easy to want the one with all the bells and whistles, but you might not need them."
Read the rest of the article:
EMaggio1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 8:15am

Very useful information. Are you shopping for anyone in particular??? Tongue

Ad augusta per angusta.
JunTak View Drop Down
Teachers
Teachers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 4:00pm
LOLNope, no one in particular, just found it interesting to read Thumbs%20Up