LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage LINC Home Study Forum LINC Home Study Program Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Forum > Women/Seniors/Youth > Women
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 Tips for Moms to have a Good day

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JunTak View Drop Down
Teachers
Teachers

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Tips for Moms to have a Good day
    Posted: Jan/28/2014 at 1:36pm

Here are 10 easy tricks to turn a bad day into a good day:

By Michelle

1. Sit down and have a cup of tea. Whenever my mom was stressed, she’d have some warm tea.  When I was older and had my first daughter, she’s come over to help me and instantly make me some tea. There’s just something soothing about that warm cup of tea. For a better effect, SIT down and DRINK it ALL. Take that 10 minutes and just sip and relax. Ignore the messes and yells, it’ll all be waiting for you when it’s done :)

2. Tea’s not working?? Have a small glass of wine. Some days just call for a little glass of wine.

3. Get some fresh air. Normally when my kids are at each other’s throats I know it’s time to get outside! Go for a walk around the block, play in the yard or take a trip to the park. Some times just 15 minutes of fresh air can do wonders for everyone!

4. Have a mommy-time out. Set a timer for 10 minutes and do something just for you- read a chapter or two in your book, peruse Facebook or play Candy Crush- wdon't likever your pleasure is, do it for 10 minutes. That few minutes away can be a life saver.

5. Put on some music! Turn off the TV, ipods, ipads and Nabi’s and just listen to your favorite songs- good music is sure to lift your spirits and make all those chores a bit more fun to do. Special bonus: Turn it loud enough and it can drown out all that sibling bickering!

6. Burn a few calories. Having a fat day? Yea me too. :/ Some days I would love to get out there and go for a solo run or walk and that just can’t happen so I have to look for other options. Do 3 or 4 rounds of 20 jumping jacks, 20 squats, 20 crunches and 20 lunges or try one of these workouts you can do with your kids!

7. Wash your face. That may sound weird but it seriously works! Go run some hot water and scrub your face. Wash all the stress away! If you have extra time, and some handy, do a quick face mask. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then you will feel like a new mama.

8. Try something different. Have a lunch picnic with the kids, rent a new movie, try a new craft, start a simple Pinterest DIY project you’ve been wanting to do. Sometimes just doing the same things over and over and over again can be draining. Try spicing things up, your kids will appreciate it too! Not in the mood for crafts?! Been there mama! Then how about serving breakfast for every meal or letting the kids eat desert first- one day won’t hurt!

9. Complete tasks in small chunks. When I have TONS to do the first thing I need to do is write it all down. For me, just the act of writing it all down on paper helps make my brain less stressed because its out of there and now on the paper. Highlight the “have to do NOW” jobs in pink, the “should get done today” jobs in yellow, and “these can wait if they must” jobs in green. Explain to the kids you have a few jobs to get done and then you can play. Set that timer again for 10 minutes and do as many of the pink jobs as you can. Then fulfill your promise and play with the kids: do a puzzle or play a board game. Then do 10 more minutes of work, focusing on the important jobs first and working down to the less important ones.

10. Remember: tomorrow is another day!! We aren’t perfect, and that’s ok moms! So what if you didn’t finish all those loads of laundry or maybe the kids are still in their pj’s. They will survive and so will you! So just relax and have that well deserved wine or secret mom-only dessert. Tomorrow is another chance to get it all done!

http://ourthreepeas.com/10-easy-tricks-for-moms-to-turn-a-bad-day-into-a-good-day/

Share Topic