Use "there are" with a plural nouns. (There are pencils).
there is not
there are not
There is/are negative
There ?? (noun or pronoun) (prepositional phrase)
There isn't a rug on the floor.
There isn't a man at the door.
There are not two girls on the floor.
There aren't many students at the school.
There is not only one cat in Canada.
There isn't a letter in the box.
Select the correct negative verb for the following:
1. There five pens on the desk.
2. There many people in the hall.
3. There a chair in the closet.
4. There three telephones at the airport.
5. There lots of computers in Room 202.
6. There a window in her room.
7. There an apple in the basket.
8. There seven days in a week.
9. There four schools in our town.
10. There twelve months in a year.
- Show / Hide the Answers
1. aren't - 6. isn't
2. aren't - 7. isn't
3. isn't - 8. aren't
4. aren't - 9. aren't
5. aren't - 10. aren't