Use "there are" with plural nouns. (There are two pencils).
There ?? (noun or pronoun) (prepositional phrase)
There is a rug on the floor.
There is a man at the door.
There are two girls on the floor.
There are many students at the school.
There is only one cat in Canada.
There is a letter in the box.
Select the correct verb for the following:
1. There five pens on the desk.
2. There many people in the hall.
3. There a chair in the closet.
4. There three telephones at the airport
5. There lots of computers in room 202.
6. There a window in her room.
7. There an apple in the basket.
8. There seven days in a week.
9. There four schools in our town.
10. There twelve months in a year.
Show / Hide the Answers
1. are - 6. is
2. are - 7. is
3. is - 8. are
4. are - 9. are
5. are - 10. are