Studying on your own and working with a teacher at a distance come with some unique
challenges. If you are considering this program, please review the guidelines we
expect our students to follow.
Manage Your Attendance
- Be available and prepared for your weekly appointment with your teacher at the scheduled
- If you need to miss your appointment, notify your teacher explaining the reason
- You may be withdrawn from the program if you frequently miss your appointment or
need to be absent for more than 2 to 3 weeks.
Manage Your Effort
- Study independently at least 5 hours each week.
- Complete your homework assignments on time.
- Practice English as much as you can.
Manage Your Information
Notify the office if you:
- Change your address or telephone number
- Obtain Canadian citizenship
- Plan to withdraw or take a leave of absence from the program