Author: Jamile C.
Instructor: Sana N.
Photo Credit: marinakaiser / 123rf Stock Photos
Article ID: 2639 [Recipes- Fall 2022]
Fattoush is one of my favourite salads and I make it two or three times every week. It is healthy and delicious. If you try my way, I am sure you will love it and you will make it again.
- 2 loaves of pita bread
- 1 Romaine lettuce
- 1 English cucumber
- 4/5 Roma tomatoes
- 6 green onions
- 4 radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley leaves;
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses, (optional)
- 2 tsp sumac (optional, but it adds a delicious taste and a nice color)
- Cut the pita bread into small pieces. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil and add the pita bread. You can also do this in the air fryer if you have one.
- In a mixing bowl, chop lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions then add sliced radish and parsley. Mix them all to see all colors.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Finally, add the dressing to the salad and mix
- Garnish it with pita bread.